We’re your passport to the authentic flavors of Spain! Emilio’s Tapas is the home of Chicago’s “Tapas King,” Emilio Gervilla. Our two family-run restaurants are committed to fresh food, good service, and giving back to local communities.
SUNDAY SUPPERS WITH CHEF EMILIO 2018
Sunday, January 7
Sunday, February 11
Sunday, March 4
Sunday, April 15 at Hillside
Join your host, Chef Emilio, for an intimate, delicious, family-style dinner that begins with a cava reception. The Three Kings Day Supper in January features whole striped bass baked in salt, and the February Sunday Supper will include a whole roasted suckling pig. In March, expect rabbit paella, and April’s offering is roast leg of lamb. Your meal includes unlimited wine, all the trimmings, dessert, and wonderful conversation with your fellow diners. Each dinner seats just 24 guest, so call us and pre-pay as soon as you can to reserve your spot! Cost is $60 per person, not counting tax and gratuity.
HOLIDAY WINE TASTING
Thursday, December 21 at Hillside
Need some good Spanish wine for holiday parties or as gifts? Tonight, you can try wines from 6-9 p.m., and purchase them at a discount. You can also enjoy holiday sweets and tapas while you’re here. Come on in and start your winter break off right! No reservations are necessary; event is complimentary.
EMILIO’S COOKING CLASSES AT HILLSIDE IN 2018
Saturday, January 20
Saturday, February 17
Saturday, March 17
Saturday, April 21
We know you’ve been waiting on tenterhooks for the 2018 schedule to be released, and here it is! Emilio’s famous demonstration classes, where you’ll learn to make three unique dishes and enjoy all the food and drink you desire, are back next year! As always, we’ll be providing great service and food and wine for purchase. Don’t miss out! Make your reservations now so that you don’t miss a thing! Classes run from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Cost is $50 per class, pre-paid. Tax and gratuity are not included.
HOLIDAY DINING – OPEN FOR XMAS EVE AND NYE 2018!
Sunday, December 24 at both locations
Sunday, December 31 at both locations
Enjoy Spanish tapas for the holidays! Both of our locations are open Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve, so you can celebrate here with your family and friends! Our New Year’s Eve will be especially festive at Hillside, as we’ll include the traditional eating of 12 grapes at midnight, and have live entertainment from Dalis & Nelson. We recommend making reservations as soon as possible for these special evenings.
HOLIDAY GIFT CARD OFFER NOW AVAILABLE
November 1-December 30
Our awesome holiday gift card promotion is here! BUY $100 in gift cards, GET a $25 bonus card, good January 1-March 31, 2018, for free. Experiential gifts are all the rage, and you might as well just get your Christmas shopping done right now – and receive something for yourself, too. Come in and purchase, or call us!
LIVE ENTERTAINMENT EVERY WEEK AT EMILIO’S TAPAS
THURSDAY NIGHTS AT SOL Y NIEVE – FLAMENCO GUITAR
Come downtown Thursday nights for mood music with dinner. It’s complimentary – one of the many ways we upgrade your dining experience here at Emilio’s Tapas. The show starts at 7 p.m.
FRIDAY NIGHTS AT HILLSIDE – SPANISH GUITAR MUSIC w/ MONTAGE
At Hillside, our house band Montage plays every Friday evening to provide Spanish tunes, starting at around 6:30 p.m.
LAST SUNDAY OF EACH MONTH AT SOL Y NIEVE – FLAMENCO NIGHT
This month, join us on Christmas Eve, December 24 for our regular flamenco
show, which gets the whole restaurant involved starting around 7 p.m. (ish)! Click here for our video!
FAMILY PAELLA SUNDAYS!
Weekly at both locations
Did you know that when you come into either of our locations on any given Sunday, you can get a FREE bottle of red or white Spanish wine just for ordering paella for at least two people? It’s true! We choose the wine for you, and we’ll make it a good one! Please note: This offer is limited to one bottle per table, and is not to be combined with other promotions. THIS OFFER IS NOT VALID ON HOLIDAYS.
EMILIO’S TAPAS CATERING AND PRIVATE DINING
Still available, don’t delay! Our place, your place, or any place!
We still have event dates open for your holiday event through the end of the year, so contact us now! Emilio’s Tapas features wonderfully prepared, exquisite cuisine, steeped in the Spanish tradition of hot and cold tapas (shared small plates) and peerless paellas, with warm, knowledgeable, and professional service. All our packages, meenus, and platters are available for both – Parties at Emilio’s and Emilio’s Catering To You, and they’re all flexible and customizable to your request. We are also happy to create a custom menu just for you and your guests. Interested in live Spanish music and/or a flamenco demonstrations to add an even more unique and unforgettable flair to your event? We can do it. Give us a call for an authentic “Taste of Spain.” Happy Holidays!
We are closed on Christmas and New Year’s Day. We will be open Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve! Our downtown location will also be open on New Year’s Day.
BOTH LOCATIONS All Day Monday, December 25 – Christmas
HILLSIDE ONLY Monday, January 1 – New Year’s Day
It’s cold outside, but it’s warm and festive inside Emilio’s Tapas, so stop by and say hello!
- 12/21, Holiday Wine Tasting at Hillside
- 12/24, Flamenco Night at Sol y Nieve
- 12/24, Christmas Eve Dining at both locations
- 12/25, CLOSED for Christmas
- 12/31, NYE 2018 dining at both locations
- 1/1, Sol y Nieve is open on New Year’s Day
- 1/7, Three Kings Day Supper
- 1/20, Cooking with Emilio! at Hillside
- 2/11, Sunday Supper with Chef Emilio at Hillside
- 2/17, Cooking with Emilio! at Hillside
- 3/4, Sunday Supper with Chef Emilio at Hillside
- 3/17, Cooking with Emilio! at Hillside
- 4/15, Sunday Supper with Chef Emilio at Hillside
- 4/21, Cooking with Emilio! at Hillside
- HAPPY HOUR is every Monday-Friday from 4:30-6:30 p.m. at Hillside, and 5-6:30 p.m. at Sol y Nieve. We offer $1.95 tapeos and a great selection of cocktails!
- Mondays, Industry Night at both locations! If you work in the restaurant business, you get 20% off with proof of employment
- Thursdays, enjoy Spanish guitar music at Sol y Nieve starting around 7 p.m.
- Fridays, Spanish guitar group Montage plays a complimentary show every Friday evening at Hillside around 6:30 p.m.
- Final Sunday of every month, Flamenco Night
- Family Paella Sundays take place every week at both locations: Buy paella for at least two people and get a free bottle of red or white Spanish wine. NOTE: promotion is limited to one free bottle per table, and is not good on holidays.
- Don’t forget to check in on Facebook Sundays-Thursdays (except holidays) to get the free tapa of the day! Just show your server!
- Remember, Sol y Nieve’s winter times are still in effect – Sundays, noon-10 p.m., Mondays-Thursdays, 5 p.m.-10 p.m., Fridays-Saturdays, 11:30 a.m.-10 p.m.
- NEW GRUBHUB discount code for free delivery up to $7 on your first order of $15+: For Hllside: GHCH007V27W4. We’re also on DoorDash!